Monday, June 04, 2007

QUIZ

1. I have a sword in my hand. Every year people, around the world, will recognize me (only once). People holding me in their hands feels elated about that. But Indian has never touched me till now. What am I? (Courtesy : KBC)
Ans : Oscar Award. Sorry for giving a wrong hint. I know that Sathyajit Ray had bagged that award in 1992 for Life Time Achievement. But he was bedridden at that time and was not able to attend that award and accepted only from the sickbed. That is why I mentioned that 'No Indian has touched me'. But news about that Lady Costume Designer Bhanu Athaiya is completely new to me. She got that award in the year 1982 for the Movie Gandhi.

2. Daniel Basker : Daniel ---??--- : Daniel Amar Singh.
Daniel Basker and Daniel Amar Singh are my elder and younger brother respectively. Infact, I am very popular in my state and people consider me as a talented person. I have an another name Gnanadesikan. I am better known to people with another name and I won't reveal that (Very popular among Advees). Who am I?
Ans : Yes it is Illayaraaja. His was first named as Daniel Raasaiya. Then he changed that to Gnanadesikan. When he embraced Hindu religion he called himself as Raasaiya. Friends affectionately called him Raja. When he entered film industry, Pancha Arunachalam, protege of Kannadaasan, wanted to change his name as his name was very common in film industry and many iinfluential person already had their name as Raja (A M Raja, playback singer). So they named him as Periyaraja. With the same name there was a famous folk singer in PA's villiage, which made him to change that name as Illayaraja (Illaya means short) as he was younger to that folk singer and also a short person. Daniel Amar singh is none other than Gangai Amaran and Daniel Baskar is the producer of all Paavalar Creation's movies R D Baskar (Karagatakaran's producer)

3. Guess our former PM who celebrates/celebrated his B'day on 29th February?
Ans : Morarji Desai

4. We see this 'Single Number' game everyday in the morning. It is better known as ?
Ans : Sudoku. Sudoku means 'Single Number' in Japanese.

5. In a 100 meters hurdles, how many hurdles the sprinter has to jump before the finish line.
Ans : 10 hurdles.

6. Which is considered as India's National Fruit?
Ans : Yes it is Mango

7. This year 'Paheli' has been selected as the India's official entry to this year's oscar beating fourteen other movies (both Hindi as well as regional movies). 2 movies from Tamil also contested the race. Can you guess the two movies which were nominated from Tamil?
Ans : For a minute, hold your breathe. Yes they are Kadal (I think it should be Kaadal) and Sachin . Even Vijay would have been surprised after seeing this nomination.

8. Who called Mahatma Gandhi as 'Father of our Nation'?
Ans : Netaji Subash Chandra Bose.

9. "However, if you don't want to hear the truth, then don't ask him for a frank opinion. He grew up in a household where frank opinions were served up at the breakfast table more often than cereal and fruit juice" Whose remark is this? and on whom he is commenting?
Ans : Ian Chappell on Greg Chappell.

10. Just a week back the name Czink appeared in all newspapers and was flashed in all news channels. What's the reason behind that?
Ans : Melinda Czink, the hungarian who defeated Sania in the recently concluded Sunfeast Open held in Kolkatta.

No comments: