Monday, May 07, 2007

A Different Cricket Quiz

1. Jumbled Words :

Find the cricket personalities hidden behind the following jumbled words.

a. iubetttadaan (Current player. A short and very young player)
Answer : Tadenda Taibu
b. svrliuanecd (A famous cricket writer and historian )
Answer : Neviel Cardus

2. Surname suprise

a. List three cricket players or official whose surname is Vikram
Answer : Vikram Rathore, Vikram Solanki, Vikram Raju (Who stood as umpire in the famous chennai tied test)
b. List three cricket players whose surname is Justin
Answer : Justin Langer, Justing Ontong, Justin Kemp.

3 Who am I

a. I was a one of the techincally correct batsman played. I got the oppurtunity to play for my country when Jayanthilal, who opened for my country in the first test, didn't perform well. He was brilliantly caught by world's best all rounder. But the same man dropped me thrice in my debut match and I went on to win that series for my country. I scored 65 and 67 in my debut match. Who am I?
Answer : Sunil Gavaskar

b. I was born in kanpur. But I didn't play india. I played for another country. I was a number three batsman and my strength is against pace bowling. But I lost my place because of lack of skill against spin. I have also coached Warwickshire. There I groomed Allan Donald into a world class fast bowler. Who am I?
Answer : Bob Woolmer

4 Clues

a. First a simple one

Has Two parts. First part is word of six letters and 2nd part is a word of 7 letters.

First part 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6
Second part 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13

1 + 2 + 3 => Famous Amitabh bachchan film (Answer : Don)
11 + 12 + 13 => Homo Sapiens (Answer : Man)

Answer : Donald Bradman

b. Second one is little bit tough. Try this

Has two part. First part is word of six letters and 2nd part is a word of 9 letters.

First part is 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6
Second part is 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 + 15 + 16 + 17

1 + 2 + 3 => to kill (Answer : Mar)
11 + 12 + 13 => A narrow bed. (Answer : Cot)
13 + 14 + 15 + 16 +17 => Having or suggesting a heavy or viscous consistency (Answer : Thick)

Answer : Marcus Trescothick

5. Some questions

a. Sunil Gavaskar used a particular brand of english willow bat. What brand did he used in his playing days?
Answer : Sunny Tonny
b. Australia : kookaburra cricket ball :: English : ? :: India : ?
Answer : Australia : kookaburra cricket ball :: English : Duke :: India : SG

No comments: