Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cricket Trivia

1) Following cricketers named their respective sons after their favorite cricketers.Who are their favorite cricketers?
a) Sunil Gavaskar - Rohan Kanhai
b) Bishen Singh Bedi - Sunil Gavaskar

2) Nicknames :
Tubby - Mark Taylor
Unit - Mathew Hayden

3) Who am I?
a) I scored 256 in a test match but was dropped for the next test match.Who am I?
- Geoff Boycott. The reason for being dropped was that he batted too slow.
b) My highest score in my career was 299 and that was against against SL. Even my brother has played for my country. My cousin is making waves in holly wood. Who am I? - Martin Crowe

4) Relation :
a) Brothers : Three brothers representing the same country. (Hint: One is the 'Real' little master of cricket, another made debut at the age of 15(a record, then), another is an successful opener). Who are they? - R they the Mohamed brothers from Pakistan. Hanif, Mustaq and Sadiq

b) Cousins : Both are from Down Under. Both represented different countries. One has acted as International cricket match referee . Another person has helped the Indian left arm fast bowlers in the recently concluded Australian series. Who are they? - John Reid and Bruce Reid

5) Bradman Questions :
a) Who is known as Black Bradman? - George Headley
b) What was Sir Don Bradman's average in 'Bodyline Series'? Name the famous english caption and the english bowler. - Avg was somewhere in the 50s. Captain - Douglas Jardine, Bowler : Harold Larwood

No comments: